Charlene P Otx

Disability

Currently going on 8 weeks without a dime for disability. For cancer. I pay biweekly for a service, yet I get nothing. They don't answer emails. If I call to try to get answers, I get a different explanation each time. They are a fraudulent company and the only thing you are paying for is the ceo's salary. (Millions + millions in bonuses)
Cons:
  • Business model is fraud

User's recommendation: Do not do business with this company.

Don M Umc

Disbursement Request

After being on the Customer Service, 'Not me department', merry go round for literally 55 minutes we were never able to speak with a person the could help us. If I could give a rating less than 1 (one) if would do so. NEVER invest with these people.
Cons:
  • Extremely poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

Kathi W Rhi

Sleep apnea

I have been working for 48 years of my life and only been on a medical two times. This is thee worst company I have ever had to deal with. The company I work for finally got rid of them..

User's recommendation: Find another company!

Adalynn Eup

Question

I need a live Representative to speak with about some concerning issues I have with some miscommunication about the policy

Preferred solution: Na

map-marker Fresno, California

Phone service is not working to identify me .. missed call back and no follow up. Terms and continuation of my policy is in question.
Charlene P Wpj

Disability insurance

Lack of payment. They're "still reviewing". I have freakin cancer, they have all the info from my doctor, but it needs "further review". Way to cause even more stress to an already extremely stressful situation.
Pros:
  • Nonr
Cons:
  • Do not do their job

User's recommendation: Don't do business with this company

map-marker Milam, Texas

I need to speak to Hannah,shes my case worker

I need to speak with Hannah,my case worker.She was busy so I had to speak to another representative.

User's recommendation: Great service. Willing to accommodate you in answering any and all questions.At anytime, and they will call you back if needed. Very polite and they will explain anything that you need them to answer,any questions.

Verified Buyer
| map-marker London, England

I have processed i wrong date of flight

Lincoln Financial Group - I have processed i wrong date of flight
Lincoln Financial Group - I have processed i wrong date of flight - Image 2
Lincoln Financial Group - I have processed i wrong date of flight - Image 3
I was trying to book a flight with you, and I proceed a wrong date, and I already processed my bank details and the payment went through. When I found out that was wrong. I tried to contact you in anyway, but you didnt give me no option to contact you, and there was no way to refund my money and to change my flight date or nothing, and you just cancelled my ticket and the money are in your account so this is fraud , I had a really very bad experience with you, and I will talk to all of my friends and my people not to book anymore with your agency

User's recommendation: Don’t ever use kiwi , any small mistake they have *** contact number as no one exists they don’t replace ur ticket or change date and never refund the money back,that’s how they did to me i tried to contact them in any website but an possible im very pissed wth they stole from my account 268 £

map-marker Middletown Township, New Jersey

Zero Ethics!!

I have been on LOA from work (since march 3) trying to be approved now by Lincoln financial, i have had MANY conversations with various representatives from LFG. These representatives have miss quoted me, have filed incorrect information, have left things out of my statements (i have ALL convos recorded) all of this lead to delayS in my approval.

While BEGGING one of their claim handlers to understand the information i was forced to talk about my abusive marriage, my financial troubles, and my abusive mother. All of this to a payment company- when Im on a LOA (clearly documented) for panic, anxiety, ect. Things i should only be speaking to my therapist/specialists about. The reasons i am out on leave are clearly stated in the doctors notes.

But because the SECOND representative didnt not put ALL of what i said in the claim they are trying to deny me again. I tried calling their ethics line, i have tried customer service, i have asked for a corporate number, i have asked and begged this company for help, understanding and compassion (while i am out on a leave for mostly anxiety) and they wont comply.

They wont give you a supervisor when you ask, they are adding extra hurdles to my mental health recovery i do not have the strength to deal with!! How do you get attention on a higher level from this company?!

User's recommendation: If LFG is involved in anyway with your employer and you have medical needs that could possibly put you out on leave. Work for a different company!!

Luiz Kan

Same here! I’ve been out of work for over a month and my claim is still pending, I’ve uploaded multiple documents and the stress from filing a claim with Lincoln Financial has delayed my recovery and to think this is a voluntary deduction for short and long term disability, I am better off saving that money myself for future surgeries, etc. Come open enrollment, I will not re-enroll and take my chances managing it myself.

Embree Gxk

| map-marker Sterling, Virginia

Took 8 years to get payment. They paid minimal interest and issued 1099 with incorrect SSN.

Mostly service. It sucks. Took 8 years for them to pay a death benefit. They added 30 dollars for interest, then gave me a 1099 Form with incorrect SSN. Called, said they would send a corrected form (Not received). Called after a few weeks and said they would email me. Asked where the service person was, since I had a hard time understanding them. (He responded "South Africa"). Pissed giving info to someone on the other side of the world.

User's recommendation: Recommend you consider another company to deal with.

map-marker Fort Worth, Texas

Up In the air

I rarely have problems with my claims. Sometimes there reps are just as knowledgeable as the caseworker.

However, there can be a gap in communication. Sometimes it takes way too long for them to get back to you. I will say this and it may sound sexist but I'd. Whenever I have female caseworkers they are very slow and unorganized.

They never call to inform you of changes and they don't respond to emails. Especially Chasity Deihl. If I had a work ethic like her I'd never have a job. She doesn't care and just does the bare minimum when she feels like it.

When I worked with Trent he called to check on me kept me informed and assured me not to worry while I was in the hospital.

I never had a problem with him or the other guys I worked with. Only the women.

User's recommendation: I would recommend

map-marker Newark, Ohio

Disability

there short term disability is a joke. they make it impossible to contact anyone and they do not do there job and cut off your benefits without notice claiming they did not get the doctors information which what's really happening there too lazy to do there job and call the doctors and obtain the information they need instead they would rather cut off the only income you have and make you wait until they feel like paying you. we pay the premiums for them to administer the claims and they do nothing. do not do business with this company at all. this company does not care about anything but taking your money
Resolved
OluwamayodeAlao A

Resolved: FRAUDLENT CASE DENIAL AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

Updated by user Oct 03, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund.

Original review Sep 30, 2021
This company is the worst company I have had to deal with in the United States. Once you have a claim, know it is impossible to reach your case manager until your case manager is ready to reach you. Do not bother leaving a voicemail either because it will be a complete waste of your time. The most painful thing is they will find any reason to deny your claim, no matter how much evidence you provide. I provided the same evidence for an approval and when it was time for the extension, I provided even more evidence from my doctor and therapist and was denied. Now i am owing my company money despite being genuinely unable to work due to a Short Term Disability. It is clear this company is unwilling to pay people what they deserve, and it's a shame, and people need to avoid them at all costs. SHAME on you LFG.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Prepare for the worst customer service of your life and expect to be denied by any means necessary.

Insurance Expert Talks

Exposed: Types of Insurance Scams and Fails

Mar 7, 2021

In this video interview, Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney, explains what sort of insurance fraud happens with consumers. Find out more about insurance fraud, the worst cases discovered, and how to protect yourself from insurance scam.

Read full article
Charles
Charles

Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney and managing partner with Gallagher & Associates. His practice focuses on insurance litigation, foreclosure defense and consumer law.

| map-marker Platteville, Wisconsin

They cheat elderly people out of their money

My mother has held an insurance policy there since the 90s. All of a sudden in November she has no money in her policy!

She has nor missed a payment since taking it out!

When I tried contacting representative they told me to, but they would not talk to me! They sent her a letter last week just saying there is no money in her account, so she has NO life insurance! She is 89 years old!

What a time to tell her she's not covered!

When she took the policy out she was told it was a life insurance not a money market! They are not truthful with the people they say they insure!

Below I'm asked to rate the company, how can I even give it one star when they have taken my Mothers money for over 30 years and then when she's 89 tell her she's not covered!

I Can't rate somthing that is that low!

Loss:

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do not take life insurance out from this company!

Guest

Helpful info.

Fraud

My mother recently learned after never missing a payment for 30 years she has no money in her account because she lived past 86. Once you get that age apparently they raise your premium payment and don't tell you!

Then take all the money out of your account! Because you don't pay! On one statement they charged her 40 $ tax. For what????

When she purchased it, it was sold as a life insurance not an investment company! they changed companies 3 times!

She was so confused when she got the letter telling her she owed almost 1700 $ and then had to pay 800$ a month there after, but even if she done this she may or may not be covered after that!

I called the rep the company told me to call he would not talk to me or call back! She just received a letter from him saying you have no money and that's it!

Font contact me again!

Please font take a policy out from this company you'll lose it all! Fraud and she's stuck with it!

This company sure knows how to screw people out of their hard earned money!

They want you to rate it but there is no rating low enough!

Loss:

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

| map-marker Platteville, Wisconsin

They are a fraud! My Mother has been paying for a life insurance policy through them since the 90s.

Now she finds out their is not a life insurance policy because the money is gone! What the neck happened to all the money she paid! Never missed a payment!

User's recommendation: I would recommend that people do not take any insurance out through this company! Put your money in a savings account instead!

About

Summary

Lincoln Financial Group is a Fortune 500 company offering a diverse range of financial services and solutions for individuals as well as businesses. It specializes in four core business areas life insurance, annuities, retirement plan services and group protection. The company provides the tools and advice to help individuals take charge of their futures and offers Annuities, Life Insurance, Funding Long-Term Care, Employee Benefits, Retirement Plan and etc. Retirement Plans, Group Insurance, Executive Benefits are provided for businesses. The headquarter of Lincoln Financial Group is located in the Philadelphia region .The number of its employees is 8,000. Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation.

Lincoln Financial Group reviews and complaints

Lincoln Financial Group is ranked 388 out of 1804 in Insurance category

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article